So today was Jared's first day at his new job. We both woke up early and I made him some eggs and toast for breakfast (if I was a really good wife there would have been bacon too...). I decided to drive him to the bus stop, so just after 7 we left the house and headed for the station. We sat in the car for a few minutes until the bus pulled up and with a quick goodbye kiss Jared hopped out and got on the bus. Can I just tell you that I felt like I was sending my little boy off to kindergarten?? (Granted I'm not sure exactly what that feels like, but I think what I felt was pretty close.) I pulled away choking back tears and feeling very nervous for Jared because he was going out into the big, scary working world for the first time. To make matters worse the bus followed me all the way up the street and from my rearview mirror I saw it get on the freeway. Who knew I'd get so emotional? It took me a while, but finally I realized Jared is 28, not 5, and I'm pretty sure he can take care of himself. :)
In other news, I learned several things about Walmart this morning.
1. Going at 7:30am is the best time ever because nobody is there yet. You literally have the store to yourself.
2. If you are crazy enough to go at 7:30am, make sure you park on the food side. Apparently they lock up the doors on the other side at night so you can't get in over there. I learned that one the hard way.
3. If you ever become homeless and you're looking for a cart to snatch, Walmart is the place to go. Most stores make an effort to lock up their carts at night, but there had to be at least 100 carts sitting in the parking lot this morning. Jackpot.
Anyway, I better get back to unpacking!
Yeah, Dale went to work about 1 week after our wedding and I bawled to let him leave for his car pool. I must confess that the tears were more for me than fear for him. I liked having my sweetheart all to myself in this big change! When I started commuting the hour drive to a 10-hour shift job in Salt Lake 3 months later, I cried to leave him every morning. Not saying this is entirely normal, but I feel for you. It's been 2.5 years and we still hold eachother for our goodbye hugs like we're going to have to live without the air we breathe for the rest of the day.
ReplyDelete